PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN PORTUGAL LAUNCH ITS 18-DAY ONLINE CAMPAIGN TO END VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN (VAW)
02 December 2020, LISBON – The Philippine Embassy in Portugal recently launched its 18-Day online campaign to End Violence Against Women (VAW) from 25 November to 12 December 2020. The online campaign called on the participation of Filipino nationals in Portugal, Angola, São Tome and Principe, Guinea-Bissau and Gibraltar to participate in the Embassy’s campaign activity by wearing orange facial masks and posting their respective pictures on online social media and in the Embassy’s FB account. Flooding social media with orange, the color of the Stop VAW campaign is one of the aims of Lisbon PE
In Portugal, Philippine Embassy in Lisbon gave away orange masks with the words “VAW free Community starts with Me” printed. Philippine Ambassador to Portugal Celia Anna M. Feria personally distributed these masks to the members of the Filipino community in Portugal, and the Embassy’s Portuguese contacts, and encouraged all to be actively involved in the campaign, not just once a year, but rather to make this a conscious commitment in their lives.
The recurring campaign theme, “VAW-free community starts with Me”, aims to promote awareness on ending all forms of violence on women and girls, provide information on laws protecting women and girls; feature VAW-related services that people can access and avail; promote the strengthening of a prevention and response system on VAW and gather public support for the campaign.
- Tuesday, 16 June 2020 PHILIPPINE AMBASSADOR TO PORTUGAL LEADS THE ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN AMBASSADORS (AWA) IN WISHING PRESIDENT MARCELO REBELO DE SOUSA AND THE PEOPLE OF PORTUGAL A FELIZ DIA DE PORTUGAL, CAMÕES, E DAS COMUNIDADES PORTUGUESAS
- Thursday, 11 June 2020 PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN LISBON COORDINATES REPATRIATION OF FILIPINO SEAFARERS IN GIBRALTAR
- Friday, 08 May 2020 Lisbon based Filipina leads the Remote Working revolution in Portugal
- Friday, 08 May 2020 Philippine Embassy in Lisbon, Portugal welcomes the newest addition to the Filipino Community in Portugal
- Friday, 08 May 2020 Philippine Embassy in Lisbon, Portugal kicks off its celebration of International Women's Month during the monthly Linggo sa Embaixada
- Thursday, 14 May 2020 D-1 ‘til voting for “The Future We Want” starts!
- Wednesday, 13 May 2020 Davao represent! “The Future We Want,” an international art contest organized by the UN Offices in Geneva (UNOG) in celebration of the United Nation’s 75th Anniversary
- Wednesday, 13 May 2020 Philippine artist,Joel L. Geolamen, participates at “The Future We Want,” an international art contest organized by the UN Offices in Geneva (UNOG) in celebration of the United Nation’s 75th Anniversary
- Wednesday, 13 May 2020 “The Future We Want,” an international art contest organized by the UN Offices in Geneva (UNOG) in celebration of the United Nation’s 75th Anniversary
- Thursday, 17 April 2014 Cebu, Sabrosa propose sister city agreement